Orthopedic Surgeon in Grand Prarie
You can rely on orthopedic surgeon, Steven Sanders M.D., for the best in orthopedic and hip pain care. Our main goal is to treat our Grand Prarie, Texas patients in a professional, comfortable, and caring manner. We take the time to get to know the unique needs of each patient we treat.
If you’re suffering from hip pain, a knee injury or any orthopedic discomfort, the team at orthopedic team at Steven Sanders M.D. is here to help. We offer Grand Prarie residents comprehensive medical care, orthopedic surgery, hip replacement options and sports medicine services that are second to none, including:
- Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Grand Prairie Warriors Basketball Injury Prevention
Did you know that it is estimated that over 1.6 million basketball injuries occur annually? In the game of basketball, knees, ankles, feet, and even fingers are very vulnerable.
Ways you can prevent injuries:
- Constant examinations and staying in shape are crucial to injury prevention.
- It’s important for athletes to take a break every year, even if they play more than one sport. Overuse can cause just as much pain as any injury.
- Talk with your coach or trainer about ACL injury prevention. There are usually programs and techniques that can be used during warm ups to prevent such a catastrophic injury.
Proper Fracture Care
Fractures can happen to even the strongest and healthiest of bones.
After an injury, always seek medical attention. A doctor will most likely immobilize the injured area and do X-rays to confirm that a fracture has occurred. Remember that even if you can still move the injured limb, a fracture may still be present.
If you do have a fracture, as frustrating as it may seem, you must follow a doctor’s orders to a tee.
- When caring for your fracture, be sure to keep it immobile and in a cast or sling if the doctor has said to do so.
- Do not move the injured area before you have the okay from your doctor.
- Once the bone heals, you will still need to care for it by restrengthening the area before going back to strenuous activities. Your doctor will most likely provide a physical therapy plan for this.
We are currently seeing new Grand Prarie patients. To schedule an appointment with orthopedic hip surgeon Dr. Steven Sanders, contact us today by calling our Southlake location at 817-203-2663 or our Irving location at 469-297-2663.